Taking WebSphere Commerce to the next level
- Optimized starter stores for mobile devices
- Facebook integrations that allow shoppers to click and share
- Improved capabilities to ensure the most relevant products are offered when shoppers conduct a search
- Tighter analytics and order management integration
- SEO enhancements
- The ability to target shoppers with recommendations based on their current search or navigation point
- Digital wallets
- The ability to help business users make changes more easily to catalogs, marketing and promotions
These features are, of course, just a snapshot of what’s available when migrating to version 7. In fact, since version 7 was released, there have been several feature packs released. These feature packs are released periodically and include the optionally installable product extensions that are available, such as those listed above.
For the companies that are hesitant to make the move because of the perceived difficulty in doing so, IBM produced a 10-minute overview of the migration process from WebSphere Commerce Version 5.6.1 or version 6 to WebSphere Commerce version 7. And according to IBM, the presentation will help companies better plan the migration by informing them about the recommended migration approaches and the tools and resources that are available when making the switch.
The functionality that comes from version 7 and its various feature packs can be a game changer for eCommerce companies that want to increase their ability to compete in today’s online shopping environment. To get additional insight regarding a migration project, contact the team at NetSphere Strategies. We’d be happy to help.